Thursday, January 28, 2010

We're almost done.

It's midterms already, and it's getting harder and harder to not notice the approaching end of high school. The thought is bittersweet. Everyone always looks forward to school ending and hypes up the start of a new life - college. But is it that simple?

School takes up way too much of our time - I'm pretty sure we all agree on that. We've run through the same ritual over and over again for as long as we can remember. Waking up to the sound of your alarm clock, droning through school and then returning home where you are met with homework. This has become our lives. To be honest though, school hasn't been all that bad. I'm definitely going to remember a handful of things from school. Yoselevich and her impressive ability of making statistics out to be a form of real mathematics. Sanelli and her silly rants. Sitting through a year of calc honors with a bunch of _______s. Laughing over the little, meaningless debates and arguments we've all participated in throughout the years. The people I've met and the experiences I've shared with them. It's been fun to say the least, hahah.

Don't get me wrong though - I'm really pumped for college. I've told everyone that the first week of college is going to be epic (at least I hope so). Everything is going to be different. An unfamiliar setting, a new flood of faces and a countless number of possibilities. I'm pretty confident the transition for me will go smoothly though. And I really hope it goes smoothly for everyone else. Don't be one of those kids that ends up friendless, it'll be no fun then.

Yeah guys, it's almost the end. The first semester of our senior year is basically over and grades don't matter anymore (though I know you guys will still overachieve). The end is going to be quite bittersweet though. It'll be interesting to see who I keep in touch with. I'm no good at putting effort into these kind of things though. I excel in laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment