I have come to realize that I am extremely judgmental. I try my best to not be, but in the end, I always assign labels to everyone. Humorously, considering I am no where near perfect, these labels tend to always be negative things. With anyone, no matter how amazing he or she is, it seems like I always look for shortcomings and faults. I fail at finding the best in people - I am simply incapable of doing so. I only see perfection in a person during the first phase of friendship. The time where two people are first getting to know each other, and it appears as if each individual is near flawless. Unfortunately for me, this period is so fleeting - the initial fascination and attachment never persists. Instead I end up discovering insignificant flaws and latching onto them. Rather than looking past them, like a normal person should be able to, I focus on them and blow them out of proportion. So what ends up happening is I humor people. What I say to people and what I am thinking are stark contrasts. This is a problem. So where do I go from here? Possibly I should completely revamp my personality. Doubt I'll do that. Or I can just stay as I am now. That wouldn't be too bad, considering I think I'm a pretty good guy. I guess I'll just speak my mind a bit more and get a few more slaps ;D.
As I said before, I lack the motivation to change. Radical change is impossible anyways. I don't believe in it.
So do you think you really know me? Because only a handful of people do. Possibly not even a handful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment