August 28th. Exactly one month from today marks Rutgers move-in day. Summer is nearly over, and college is almost here.
Even though I have certain expectations and hopes for this last month with my friends, a part of me can't wait for this month to be over. I've come to realize that I really need something new - something to change. The people I talk to, the things I do, the places I go, they're all starting to get so old and mundane. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends (well some of them). Nothing beats just sitting around and chilling with everyone, talking about nothing more than pointless nonsense. The numerous car-rides with everyone screaming and music blasting, the guilt-inducing restaurant-hopping nights, the oddly entertaining rounds of stingpong, the judgmental, critical talks about everything and everyone, the list goes on and on. We've been together for so long and shared so many memories, but that kind of adds to the need for a change.
A friend of mine told me another day that a real friend is someone who you can not see or talk to for the longest time and still know, deep down, that they are there for you. That when all is said and done, the both of you are still friends and could just meet up and catch up and enjoy yourselves. I'm pretty sure I have a few friends that fit this description, and I know I can say my good-byes without any remorse.
The time is finally here though. People going to college out-of-state are going to begin leaving, and tightly-knit groups are going to begin losing invaluable members. It's really an indescribable time. There are going to be too many mixed-emotions to simply label it with one adjective. It's a time where you're going to be faced with the heart-wrenching challenge of leaving cherished friends, yet at the same time faced with the sublime excitement of entering a new surrounding, filled with new places to explore, new challenges to face and new people to meet.
Yep, one more month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment