Now that it's summer, I find myself driving around all the time and with driving, of course comes listening to the radio. Unfortunately, I've come to realize that listening to the radio really kills music for me. Songs that just come out soon lose their luster as they're played over and over again on the radio. Nowadays, it seems like every radio station plays a shuffled, set playlist of the top eight new songs. When Recovery came out, Not Afraid and Love The Way You Lie were amazing. Now, after hearing them being played at least once each car-ride, the songs don't really catch my ear anymore.
I guess that's why it's always nice to pop in an ipod when you're driving around with friends. Just turn up the volume, max out the bass and sing along to all the old songs we haven't heard in a while. Songs we remember being played at field day during elementary school sometimes top the mainstream hits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment