Friday, October 29, 2010

Update

I've decided that I may start blogging again... even if it's just a post from time to time. It's a nice place to just throw out all my ideas and thoughts and figure out certain aspects of my life.

Well this is my first blog post as a college student. College is a really interesting place. You can pretty much do whatever you want, whenever you want. You can just open the door, walk down the hall, and find someone to chill with, talk to or even just do homework with. Meshing into Rutgers wasn't a problem for me. Getting to know people has always been easy for me, and I realized just how easy it is to make friends once Rutgers started. At college, you can find every single type of person in the world. There are so many different personalities, cliques and niches that its nearly impossible to not find your respective 'group'. With this, looking around the campus, I always see so many kids that just gave off awkward, eccentric vibes. It's kind of made me feel sympathetic for these kids because some of them are really nice people... They're just too shy and socially-inept to properly integrate themselves into a new environment and make friends.

I've been keeping in touch with a few of my high school friends... It's hard though. Sometimes I'll get a text from someone from high school and just unintentionally overlook it, because I'm so sucked into college life. When I'm sitting in the dining hall, eating with one of my friends, I'm not going to pull out my cellphone and start texting one of my high school friends. To be honest though, I don't miss any of my high school friends. Only a handful, maybe. It's only when I'm talking to them or catching up with them that I begin to reminisce and experience those nostalgic, bittersweet feelings. I really can't wait for breaks and seeing how my friends have changed, grown, or even regressed. It's going to be fun when we all come together and share our 'college adventures'. I'll try not to disappoint.

College has been pretty crazy - I think I've kind of lost myself in it. If I was to rewind two or three years, I would have never expected myself to have turned out the way I am now. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but I'm enjoying myself. One thing I'm certain of is that college has made me have no shame. From last summer until now, I have become completely shameless - no matter how 'shameful' my actions are.

So many unbelievable things have happened since August 28th, move-in day. I feel like I've been here forever, experienced so much and had so much fun, even though it has not even been two months yet.

Hm, well that's all I feel like writing about for now. Don't worry, you'll be hearing from me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment