Second place blows. What's the difference between getting second and last? Sure, we got a little trophy and plaque and the privilege of having our pictures taken - but other then that, it was just like getting any other placing. Still no nationals. It's too bad that WWPS had one kid that carried his entire team. Whatever, they deserved the win. I mean, they did beat us twice with authority. Nevertheless, it's still quite depressing. I don't really have the right to complain though considering we tried our best and did do alright.
Some highlights from the event.
Two one-question determining games. First against WWPN in the cafeteria and then winning 74-72 against Princeton A. Oh, and the passionate hugs me and Sidd shared after those two games.
Amalan beasting. Well not exactly beasting, but anything involving Amalan is funny. The kid is just so dumb!
Some downpoints from the event.
A bad second round.
Getting frustrated with each other.
Dropping easy questions.
Not thinking.
Being overconfident - A trait that people always tell me I exhibit. Caroline is arrogant PS.
And of course - Losing and letting Doc down. (Which went hand in hand with not being treated to pizza by Doc)
Whatever. It's all the past. It's finally begun to sink into my brain that there's nothing I/we can do now.
Today was funny though. Apart from all the stress and anxiety and the throbbing pain in my chest and neck, I was able to observe all sorts of different people. It's funny how on first glance you can infer so many things about a person. Throughout the day we played/watched teams with dumb, indifferent kids, try-hard, fail kids, and socially-inept, geek kids. It seemed as if our team was the only team with "normal" kids - correct me if I'm wrong. There were so many kids there that just looked so nerdy. You could just look at them and get a pretty good idea on what they do on friday nights. After games we would shake the opposing players' hands. The majority of the handshakes I received were completely limp and awkward.
In the end, we did our best. It's an overused cliche but its true. Tough luck that we live in the state that only accepts one team for nationals and in the year that has such solid teams. Good job Pien (capt!), Sidd, Dan and Tony.
I think my highschool career is officially over. There's truly nothing left for me to do. I have no more goals, no more expectations, no more intentions for high school. I am truly done. Let's just enjoy the rest of the year and have a good time. That shouldn't be too hard.
Oh and by the way. I dislike a lot of you guys. For stupid reasons but reasons nonetheless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nick, you are just jealous I got more tosses than you!
ReplyDeleteweaksauce
ReplyDeleteLOL!
ReplyDelete