There are certain people in this world that I truly, wholeheartedly respect. There are very few of them, but they do exist. With things the way they are today, and all the terrible things in the world, it's pretty uplifting to know that good, respectable people are still around. It's bittersweet though, considering how far I am from being like these people. I mean, I know I'm not a horrible kid or anything (though some of you would disagree), but I do have many faults and shortcomings. I often mirror the traits and mannerisms of the people I criticize. I hold a double-standard. One for the people I dislike: A strict set of rules set in stone that can not be debated over. One for myself: A standard that is near nonexistent and nearly automatically deems myself as "good". However, the people that don't fit in either of these two categories keep me sane. They're much needed breaths of fresh air. Thanks.
And there are certain people in this world I legitimately can't stand.
People who talk out of their behinds/think they're special. Why do these people talk? No one cares, no one likes you and no one enjoys being around you. Oh, and dumb people who think they're smart go in this category.
People with short tempers. Self-explanatory. Actually... I think its that these people can't stand me. Yeah, that makes more sense. My personality kind of clashes with short-tempered people, hahah.
People who are arrogant/have huge egos. Some people overdo the ego thing. It's not a good thing.
People who are overly competitive. You guys do realize that the people you're competing with don't care right?
Some of you probably think I fit into some of those categories above. I don't mind though. I hold a double-standard - Remember? I'm too lazy to fix my flaws anyways.
Oh and a few goals/preparations before summer.
Get ready for college, and the swift transition that follows.
Share some more memorable times with the friends I actually care about.
Get ready for the goodbyes.
Get better work ethic - something I will need for college.
Grow 2 inches - LOL!
Rep (12+) 185 and get under 10%.
Man - I am full. Half-days are bad. They lead to eating-out-adventures. Vietnamese -> Papa Johns -> Willy's house. Whatever. Food is yummy
PS - check out Alex's blog (Even though his is much worse than mine).
http://pieequals.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Personally, I find that I need to stop and think for a second before I say anything. It's surprising how many times I catch myself from saying something I could regret. That being said, it's hard to keep reminding myself to be aware. Spouting nonsensical bs is easy and it can be amusing, but I seem to forget that there is a time and place for everything.
ReplyDeleteTying this to the people you dislike, I think they all stem from insecurity. People who know they are insecure act in those behaviors mentioned above as defense mechanisms to cover themselves up. I'll admit that I see myself in many of those characteristics and I'm not afraid to admit that at times I do feel insecure. No one wants to feel belittled or inferior and if a person doesn't learn to realize that it doesn't matter, it's going to be counterproductive. When I look back, a lot of what I say and do really grows from that insecurity that I haven't grown out of.
I'm sure I would have a lot more to talk about, but this is already too long for a comment. If anything, a discussion on this is would be cool.
Lol.
ReplyDeleteWouldn't it be great if we all could say the perfect things at the perfect times?
A skill like that would be awesome.
Hah, it doesn't even have to be perfect. A higher sense of self-awareness would be enough.
ReplyDelete