Monday, March 8, 2010

Sheena shaped chocolates

This 3:30-5:00 tutoring every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday is really starting to bore me to death. Everyday I drive to this kid's house, bring him to the library, sit at a computer, bug random people on gchat, feel time slowly pass and then drive him back to his house. It's really pointless, other then the fact that I get paid. I mean, yeah, I do realize this is an incredibly easy job, but the job itself is really boring. Whatever, I am paid for boredly staring at a computer.

However, this job has let me observe the library, uncomfortably often. The library has gone from a place for studying and learning to a place for odd teenagers to "chill". I see kids from Churchill and Hammarskjold come here everday, speaking broken English and wearing their pants down to their thighs. I see kids with packs of marlbaros and camels in their backpockets and overhear them asking eachother for lighters. I see a repulsing amount of skin on gortesque, overweight, loose girls, that should instead be covered. I see idiotic kids who think they're something special, when in the end they're going to be the below-minimum wage working class of America. I guess they will serve some purpose though - Driving us around in taxis, mowing our lawns, serving us McDonalds, the services are endless.

It's a pity that so many kids these days are like this. At least, because of this realization, I may state confidently that there will always be loads of people to do the dirty work that upholds an economy. In all seriousness though, it is pretty depressing. I wish these people would realize how badly they are ruining their futures. How about doing something school-related rather then coming to the library every single day?

...Hahah, even right now there's a short, scrawny white kid sitting next to me, telling his friends about his "badass" tendencies. Getting into fights, talking back to his teachers and dating "hot" middle school girls - how exciting.

Jeez, I hope he isn't reading this as I'm typing this... He may beat me up ;[

No comments:

Post a Comment