I told Caroline that I love the rain. It's so refreshing no matter what you choose to do when it rains. It's always fun to sit at home and bum out for a day - Make some food, sit in front of the television/computer and watch some quality movies. It's always fun to sit by the window and look at the pouring rain. It's always fun to take a little walk, without an umbrella and just get all wet in the rain. The storm that's going on right now is really overdoing it though. NJ is getting beaten by rain and wind.
I just got home from a friend's house, and the drive was by far the most dangerous/difficult drive of my life. This tops any snow-storm I've driven in... Rain is intense. I was legitimately frightened that I would crash and ruin my car (I put the financial consequences over physical harm). Right now in East Brunswick, the roads are an utter mess. There are random lines of cones scattered throughout the area, cutting Route 18 down the middle, making it impossible to cross Route 18. These cones are to make up for the fact that the freaking traffic lights are out right now. There are NO traffic lights functioning right now on Route 18 or Summerhill. Not only are the traffic lights not working but neither are the streetlights. That basically means the only light on the roads is from the lights of the cars driving. I turned my lights off for a second just to see how bad it was - It was bad. I was on Racetrack and it was pitch black. At that point, I was pretty sure I was going to die.
I'm really surprised I have electricity at my house right now... My area is usually one of the first areas to lose power. Driving home, nearly every single house I passed was completely black. That probably explains why barely anyone is online. If you were to drive around right now, you would see police lights everywhere, crazy drivers doing illegal turns and uprooted trees lying on the roads.
Just to give you guys an idea of how bad it is outside - McDonalds was pitch black when I passed by it. No cars in the parking lot, no one inside.
Oh and guess what else. 7-11 was a dead-zone too. When have you ever seen 7-11 closed?
I think the only place open right now would be China Bowl. That place is crazy. I mean, it survived through the death of every other store in its complex, and it is open 24/7/52. And don't forget the fact that one guy lives there - I see him every time I go there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment