Monday, March 15, 2010

State of Affairs

I've come to learn how it feels to not have the luxuries of a warm house and warm water. After the crazy storm over the weekend, I have been left with a flooded basement and no source of heat. The water that enters my house is not only contaminated but also ice cold. The air inside of my house is as cold as the air outside. It's like an isotonic solution - LOLOL. Last night I had to drive over to Shane's house to take a shower. It wasn't that bad, I mean I got to see my buddy and have an interesting talk with Tracy. And Shane, you are right - She is a prom addict =D. My current living conditions are quite horrible though. I went to sleep last night, tightly wrapped around by four heavy blankets. I woke up this morning with all four blankets on the floor, in my boxers (I sleep in my boxers - Don't judge me!) and shivering. It was freezing. The only reason I got out of bed instead of just calling in sick was because I had JETS today. Evidently, it was a bad start of the day. Ask anyone on the bus. I was super emo on the ride to NJIT.

JETS was alright though. I mean, even though I'm disappointed that I was placed on Varsity B rather than A, we did quite well - especially considering Sidd, Pien and I were messing around the majority of the time. Even while screwing around, we managed to get 63/80 on the multiple choice section, while Varsity A only beat us by one question (64/80). Personally, I blame this marginal loss on one of the Juniors that were on our team, hahah. To be honest though, I'm not angry. I just think it would have been awesome if a half-senior, half-junior Varsity B team could have beaten a full-senior Varsity A team. We only lost by one question though, so we did do well.

Then again, the Seniors on Varsity B were pretty stacked. Lauren, Pien, Sidd and I :P

No comments:

Post a Comment